Thursday, February 23, 2012

Putting Your Best Foot Forward

My husband has told me that my blog is a girlie blog.  I don't know how girlie it's been to my readers but I am definitley about to have a girl moment.  I had a young lady come up to me the other day and tell me that she is a fan.  My first thought was 'great, someone has read my blog but me'.  Then she told me, 'I look for you everyday just to see what shoes you will be wearing.  I am such a fan of your shoe collection.'  I don't think I could have been happier or more flattered if she HAD actually read my blog. 

I know it's ridiculous to some but I have this CRAZY shoe fetish.  I don't think that I have an addictive personality, but my shoes are an addiction to me.  In school, I'm majoring in Public Relations and must dress accordingly for the job.  I, also, have an event planning business called Brides Made Consulting.  It requires that I speak, behave, and dress professionally.  I have learned that in business, less is more when it comes to your appearance so you may see me perfectly made up, my hair coiffed and a nice pencil skirt or London fit slacks with an appropriate blouse.  I have always been a rebel so I rebel against the "perfect business (wo)man" with my shoes.  My shoes will range from a pair of red pumps partly covered by my London fit slacks to a purple peacock designed shoe offsetting my pencil skirt.  

I love my shoes and the designers who make them.  I'm not the biggest girlie girl, but my shoes are the most petite, elegant, and ornate things in this world.  So thank you to my favorites Micheal Kors and Christian Louboutin and the more affordable, Guess, Anne Michelle and Wild Rose.  You keep me feeling as if I'm looking my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment