Friday, February 3, 2012

Bullying or Building

Anyone who went to Lew Wallace High School knows that high school was not the highlight of my life.  I have always been too old for my age and more stuck up than necessary. (lmbo) But I have treasured the friends I did have and am grateful to all my enemies because they made me stronger. 
Now, there was a little girl who told me that she hates school and the people in it because they make her feel bad about herself. 
The first thing I told her is that no one can MAKE you feel bad about yourself.  You have to already have the seed planted and the school meanies are watering it.  But don't let it choke you because next to the weed of insecurity is the blooming orchid of determination. 
I was bullied in elementary school all the way through high school.  By time I hit high school it did not bother me as much because I had finally gotten it... the kids that were picking on me had it just as rough or more so than myself.  I started to just 'take one for the team' as they say because I understood that it made them feel better to have an outlet for their pain and frustration. 
My new motto became, if that's what you say ok, but don't touch.  I understand that bullying has progressed since the days I was a child and teen.  With the internet, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.  You can embarass a person on a much broader scale than you once could.  I hope that children can find a way to get along but that may never happen and until then, you must be very secure within yourself about not only you strengths (the things that make you Xena Warrior Princess or the Incredible Hulk), you must embrace your weaknesses (the things that make you Gabrielle or Bruce Banner).  To some people like me, it's the Gabrielles and Bruce Banners of the world that change it.
Thank you everyone who picked on me or told me that I wasn't sh*t because once I removed those weeds I blossomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment