Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let Me Upgrade You

This month has been one of change for me.  Some of my changes have been voluntary, some involuntary, and others just plain necessary.  I'm not the kind of person who makes friends easily, so if I befriend you I demand loyalty.  My husband befriends people all the time and he seems to like 'project' friends.  'Project' friends are the friends that aren't used to having much and everything that seems like a normal experience to us, is the WOW factor to them. 

I do not mind to help you upgrade your life, but I have began to notice that some of the people we help to upgrade ends up downgrading us a little because you have to get on their level to understand what they're going through and what they think.  So this month, I felt it was necessary to let a few people go because I felt that I was doing too much. 

I tried to get on a few old freinds' plane but they never seemed to get off the runway.  Once I let go and got on my own plane, I soared.  The problem with having friends that are grounded when you're soaring is that they will try to shoot you down.  I spent a few weeks dodging the hurt and the negativity that threatened to ground me, then I figured out that I was a fighter jet and shot back at these so-called friends.  Once they saw that I was not going down easily, they have left me alone.  I've had people ask me if I miss my friends and it took very little thought for me to determine that I loved the clown but I don't need it everyday to make me smile.

Another friend talked me into working my event planning business like I should have been a long time ago.  She told me that I've been doing so little with it because I was afraid that I would upset friends who weren't doing anything by doing something that excited me and made me better.  So I decided to do the business right the way it should have been.  I don't want to upgrade anymore, I want you to be eye to eye with me in the sky and challenge me to go higher so that we stay up together. 

Anyone can look into my event planning and the discounts that I'm offering at http://www.bridesmadeconsulting.com/. Thank you to everyone who has and will support me.  Sorry for those who don't because I can upgrade you but I won't anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment